Wednesday, September 24, 2008

All About Us!

We thought we would post some info about ourselves so you can get to know us better. We each answered the same ten questions. Here they are:


1. When did you start Digital Scrapbooking and What got you started?

Started digital scrapbooking in Novemeber of 2007. I wanted to start submitting to magazines & wasn't happy with the way my paper pages looked when photographed & emailed in. I also noticed that all of my favourite pages in magazines were digital so with the push of a friend we started downloading freebies & gave it a try.

2. Where do you scrap and what things in that room make you happy?

I use to scrap in my scrapbook room/ office but then my mom got me a laptop as a gift so now I am free to be where I want to be. Usually you can find me in our bed beside Eric with the laptop on my lap.

3. Do you listen to music while you scrap and if so what?

Usually its whatever's on tv or when I was in the scrapbook room it was Taylor Swift.

4. How long does it take you to make one scrapbook page?

On a good day with lots of mojo I can get a page done in an hour, but most days its 2+ hours per page.

5. What's your Favorite junk food and do you eat while you scrap?

Ice cream (turltes!) or baked nachos with lots of lettuce, tomatoes & sour cream

6. What are three fonts you use the most?

Century Gothic, CK Ali, & traveling typewriter

7. What three digital products you couldn't live without.

Pattie Knox Staple Its

Jesse Edwards Clean and Serene No. 02 Solids Paper Pack

Katie Pertiet Simple Classics No. 01 Kit
(all 6 of them are great but this one is my fave!)

8. What is your favorite layout to date and why?

Usually my fave page is my most recent one, so I am loving this one called "look of Spencer"

9. Favorite Tools to work with?

My laptop & printing books at Shutterfly :)

10. Where do you get your inspiration?

My family especially my growing little man Spencer, the talented ladies at DD & magazines. - Kayleigh


1. When did you start Digital Scrapbooking and What got you started?

I started in September 2006. I always thought I wouldn't be interested in Digital Scrapbooking because I loved the physical touching and cutting of products, but when I saw a layout from Jessica Sprague in the Creating Keepsakes Magazine, I had to try it. At that time a knew very little about Photoshop and about buying and downloading products. Jessica's layout brought me to Designer Digitals, Two Peas In A Bucket & Jen Wilson Designs. Those where the first sites I ever bought anything from. I've been hooked ever since and have created more digital pages than I have with traditional scrapbooking. The best thing I ever did was learn Photoshop, it has opened up my world.

2. Where do you scrap and what things in that room make you happy?

I have turned my spare room into my creative space/office. It is no longer the spare room. There are a ton of things in my room that make me happy, but three things are my Apple Computer, It's a must and I can't live with out it. My Apple Yum Poster. The first thing a bought from eBay, well actually Doug bought it for me. I love the colours and the simple design and my metal Cat that a friend gave me as a house warming gift. It was to be used in the garden, but it was too nice to let it go outside and get rusty.

3. Do you listen to music while you scrap and if so what?

I don't always listen to music, but most times I do. I just put my itunes on shuffle I never know what I'm going to get there is 3000 songs to shuffle through with a wide range of music from Hip Hop to 50's & 60's.

4. How long does it take you to make one scrapbook page?

It can take me 30 minute's like when I do Cassie's 30 minute Master Piece at Designer Digital or it can take me days. It all depends. I love the days they just come to me.

5. What's your Favorite junk food and do you eat while you scrap?

Oh do I have to narrow it down to one. I'm a big Junk food fan I wish the healthy stuff tasted as good. I have to say I love Dr. Pepper with a nice bowl of nacho chips and salsa.

6. What are three fonts you use the most?

Right now I use Arial Black, Susie's Hand & Prestige Elite Std.

7. What three digital products you couldn't live without

Katie Pertiet Stitching Holes No.1

Anna Aspnes Distress tool Set No.3


Pattie Knox Staple Its

8. What is your favorite layout to date and why?

Oh, this is a hard one, I love about 20 layouts and to narrow it down to one is hard since I love each page differently, but since It has to be one I'll pick this one from my New York Album, I just love the simple design, the colours and the photos. "The Mall"


9. Favorite Tools to work with?

My Apple iMac & Photoshop CS3

10. Where do you get your inspiration?

Where do I not get my inspiration. I get it from magazines, packaging, websites and most of all from the layouts I see in the galleries, there are a million talented artists out there, if I'm lacking mojo I spend hours going through the galleries. - Tara

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what fun getting to know more about the two of you! TFS!

Renee Sowers said...

I was hoping you'd do something like this. It's nice to get to know a little more about the girls behind this great site. So fun to get to know you both! :)

Carol said...

Fabulous reading about the two of you. But one question - how on earth do both of you eat nachos while you scrap? LOL They are my messiest thing to eat ever!!! This is such a fun blog, thanks for bringing it to us.

hrtyty said...

Belstaff is one of the largest clothing companies in the world and delivering top quality shoes /boots, Belstaff Jackets jackets and travel bags etc. It has been a quality manufacturer for the leather accessories since last decade.
Ed Hardy Belstaff travel bag is made up of a fine quality of leather and caters the travel needs of the people magnificently. All jackets, Rosetta Stone shoes and bags are made from the finest fabrics sourced worldwide in order to provide the superior quality for the customers.