Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Meet Makenna!

Ok so finally I am getting around to posting about the birth of my baby girl ... you forget how much time taking care of newborn takes up, plus the recovery of bringing that sweet thing into this world. Makenna was born May 16 2009 at 9:38pm at a healthy 8lbs 2oz. This labour was completely different than it was with Spencer, his was super speedy & this was not! But thank goodness for an epidural & only 18 minutes of pushing! We were home the next morning from the hospital. Makenna & I have had some issues with nursing. But over the last few days we have worked 'em out & I don't cringe at the thought of having to feed her anymore because of the pain!

Spencer is loving her too - he loves when she 'watches' him play, makes her baby noises or sneezes. He isn't showing any signs of jealousy ... yet. I think a big part of that is that he has his daddy home with us and he is all about dad dad these days. And I feel pretty lucky to have Eric home with the 3 of us. (My hubby was in a car accident back in April '07 & is continuing to recover day by day.) I have never had to be a stay at home mom by myself with Spencer & now with Makenna, for that I am truely blessed indeed. The time that our children have with both of us being home is priceless.


We are loving our baby girl to pieces already. These are some photos of us over the last week & 1/2. All of them were taken by my awesome friend Mel (not sure what I would do without her!) So thank you Mel. - kayleigh

4 comments:

Heather T. said...

Oh my gosh, thank you for sharing those adorable pictures! Congratulations--I'm so glad everything is in a happy place!

Aino aka mrscoala said...

She is beautiful!! Makes me wanna have a little baby again!! :grin: Fantastic photos. THanks for the update.

joelsgirl_Kellie said...

She is beautiful! Congrats!

Mary Rogers said...

She is so adorable Kayleigh! I just love the photos...especially the two of you in black & white. Enjoy this amazing time!!