Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Copy Cat Challenge #48

Today I bring you an awesome page to lift as well as a Photoshop tip. I was drawn to this layout by Emily because I love how she used so many pattern papers. I love pattern paper but just don't use it a lot in my layouts. I had fun searching my stash of supplies for the perfect papers. I also like this layout because she used irregular shapes for her pattern papers instead of the usual squares or rectangles. I've never used irregular shapes in Photoshop before and that's probably because I never knew how to do it. So Emily's page motivated me to learn something new. I googled how to make irregular shapes and found just the article to help me out. I tried using the pen tool before googling and found I just couldn't make it work. It was the right tool to use, but the problem was I didn't have my pen tool set up right. All I needed to do was have this clicked instead of that and away I went. Check it out HERE. I hope you have fun with irregular shapes & pattern paper. I can't wait to see what you guys come up with. Don't forget to link us up to your layouts in the comments field. I will post everyone's layouts next week. Happy Scrapping! - Tara





Click on layouts for CREDITS

No comments: