Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Inject Pattern

The other day i went through my pages for makenna's 1st book so far & noticed lots of simlilarities. They are mostly neutral backgrounds with bits of colour and patterned paper here & there. Which isn't a bad thing but i felt my pages needed some pop & variance. There was one page that stood out to me of finished pages is this one called Chit Chat Girl. The bold background makes this page special.

{All images are linked back to gallery with credits}


So i decided that i want to inject life (aka colour) into my pages more often this year. Not that there is anything wrong with neutrals, they work for most photos but occasionally when the photos allow I'm going to strive to inject more colour & pattern. So with this new goal i created this page called Girlie Girl. I fell in love with that new paper by Katie!


Here is a new page I created:


Here are some other pages i found in the gallery at DD to help inspire you & me. I had fun digging through my faves for some older ones for you. For each of the pages, try to envision them with a plain white or beige. I can't imagine them without these fun papers & the extra pop of colour/ pattern works great.


Artist: pne123


Artist: shhbabymine


Artist: mel_b


Artist: Nath


Artist: Aino


Artist: Elena


Artist: AmberR


Artist: Britgirl

The next time you reach for a background paper, try a patterned paper or a brighter colour than you are use to. You just might love what you see! Feel free to link me up to a page in your faves or a page you have created to help spread the inspiration! Thanks for reading along my friends. - kayleigh

5 comments:

Elena said...

I'm so honored! And yes... using patterned paper CAN be intimidating and challenging, but the results SO worth it!

Erica Webster said...

Thanks so much for featuring my layout. Working with patterned papers is tricky for me, but when it all comes together it makes for a striking layout.

Christina Smith said...

Thank you for your amazing inspiration! Here's something I created tonight with your inspiration: http://happystamping.blogspot.com/2010/01/psalm-27.html

Britgirl said...

thanks kayleigh :) love your other choices too!

Bailey said...

Thanks for the inspiration my friend!!
http://www.designerdigitals.com/digital-scrapbooking/ideas/showphoto.php?photo=120432&nocache=1